Monday, December 12, 2011

Do you think you match up with your zodiac signs description of your personality?

I'm in 8th grade and I'm doing a paper about zodiac signs. Really I just need to know if you think your zodiac sign describes your personality or not.





Example: If you are a Leo, your zodiac sign says that you are confident, ambitious, generous, loyal, encouraging, also vain, stubborn, and melodramatic. Would you a agree with that





Please answer! Thank-you!|||Astrology is another form of discrimination. No one chooses when to be born. Nor does anyone choose what race, sex, and nationality they are. There is no evidence for the stereotypes that astrology must make. Also even though I'm not a Leo, there are times that I am confident, ambitious, generous, loyal, encouraging, also vain, stubborn, and melodramatic. But I am other things as well. Astrology is intentionally vague. Certainly no statistics will back astrology's claims.





So what if astrology does describes some of my personality? Telling me what I already know is useless. If astrology can show that it can predict the future with accuracy, that would be useful. That is why it was made up. But astrology fails to do so. Why should it fair any better with secondary functions?





Astrology is ancient, made up, unproved, belief based, and bigoted fortune telling system. That some people think should be a lifestyle. Meaning you allow complete strangers tell you how to live your life and pick your relationships. Based on fate of birth. There is no logic or reason for this to be true.|||Well, i'm not Leo, but an Aquarius;


I think some aspects of what is depicted to be characteristics of Aquarius are that they are independent, emotionally unattached, sociable, and enjoy being unique- lots of others too. These match me.


But then again, whoever first decided these could have picked them out of a hat, as its the eleventh sign, other characteristics probably ran out, these descriptions don't match other people who are aquarius that I know of, all the time. But, however cynical i may be, i'm still interested as how accurate the horoscopes are or how completely wrong they are!|||I very much believe in the descriptions of my signs.


Im a pisces/aries cusp, and all of the traits I strongly have.





To believe in Astrology is your own opinion, but a lot of people who didn't believe in it before were convinced after I talked to them about their signs.


You have to think outside of the box when looking at a signs traits, for example:


Typical aries traits are:


impulsiveness


friendly


high spirited


and pioneering





You cant just automatically say, "well, im not impulsive, so im not an aries."


You really have to think, and think hard about a lot of your actions.|||I am really interested in astrology and think that many elements of it are accurate but it can also be misleading... It depends from person to person how open minded or cynical they are. Personally I believe in astrology as the zodiac signs are always on par with either myself or people I know. Overall the zodiac signs are really fun %26amp; interesting!!


Aries


Main positive traits:


Initiating - Yes


pioneering yes


eager - yes!


courageous - yes!


independent - yes!


dynamic - maybe





Main negative traits :


Quick-tempered -yes!


violent - maybe


impatient yes!


egotistical - yes


intolerant - yes...|||It generally doesn't...





Scorpio likes and dislikes as seen by whoever wrote the Collins gem on zodiac types:





likes:





- activity: sometimes


- mysteries: yes


- secrets: I can't stress enough how much I hate those


- winning: nope


- sex: yeah... well... who doesn't?


- being acknowledged: I probably wouldn't if I wasn't ignored and forgotten as much as I am, so I don't think it has much more to do with signs than it has to do with the environment I grew up in


- home: LOL! Yeah right





dislikes:





- being analysed: seriously? I LOVE it!


- being asked personal questions: see above ^^


- people who know more than they do: nope - there are way too many of those and I don't want to dislike everyone...


- too many compliments: well... they just make me feel awkward and I don't know how to behave in awkward situations


- having to trust a stranger: I don't mind that





positive:





- investigative: sometimes


- protective: yes


- tenacious: hardly


- magnetic: I'm starting to believe I am. It explains the keys stuck to my skin...


- probing: rarely


- emotional: people generally don't like me for my lack thereof


- intense concentration: LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!! Well, maybe for the millisecond that I am actually concentrated on one thing...





negative:





- ruthless: mmm sometimes


- suspicious: not exactly


- jealous: hardly!


- dangerous: well, if you push the wrong buttons long enough, but I'm no exception there


- moody: only once a month


- sadistic: quite the opposite... well, masochistic


- secretive: LOL! That's a... no. O.O


- cunning: well, you could pin a tail on me and call me a fox, but somehow that might give a totally wrong image


- vindictive: not in the slightest.








Some do apply to me, most don't... not entirely.|||Some match, but that's because they are so general that they would fit 99% of the planets population, so that doesn't really count. So all in all it doesn't match at all. And that's because astrology is BS. See links.|||My SUN is in Sagittarius. ( Tropical Astrology. ) I am supposed to be outgoing, bubbly, flirty, hard to pin down, idealistic, independent, and philosophical.





Outgoing - No.


Bubbly- No


Flirty- No


Hard to pin down- Somewhat, but more so from being afraid of rejection and emotional intimacy.


Idealistic- Somewhat


Philosophical- Yes.


Independent- Yes.





Keep in mind there is more to astrology than sun signs, but I will only talk of sun signs because that is what your assignment requires of you.|||I am a Sagittarius and I would have to say somewhat:











* LIKES Traveling-- kind of but i like to be in one place most of the timw


* getting to the heart of the matter--yes


* Freedom--yes!!


* Laws and meanings--kind of


* the general 'feel' of things--yes





* DISLIKES Off the wall theories--yes


* being tied down domestically-- i have always been in long relationships


* Being constrained-- i hate it


* cooling your heels--??


* bothered with details -- somewhat|||Capricorn: yes I'm like my sign. I can digest anything eventually in food and in life, bit melancholic sometimes.|||Yea kind of

No comments:

Post a Comment